All cats are dropped off at 7:30 a.m. and discharged in the afternoon. You will be given a checkout time at check-in by the Vet-Techs. Average time for pickup is between 2:30 and 4:00pm (Depending on size of clinic)
Please read the below information before continuing the registration process.
- Female – $60/Male – $40
- Kittens – must be at least 8 weeks & 2lbs
- Food & Water – Please take away food after 10 PM the night before surgery. Please DO NOT withhold water. This can make a cat dehydrated prior to surgery and/or exaserbate any underlying liver or kidney issues.
– Do not give any food the morning of surgery if the cats are over 3 months.
– If the patient is a kitten under 3 months of age, remove food after 10 PM the night before surgery, but give half the normal amount of food and water the morning of surgery, before 6am.
- Flea treatments – The only flea treatments that are acceptable to use prior to surgery are Advantage, Frontline, and Revolution. Other flea products should be discontinued 2 weeks prior to the day of surgery.
- Heartworm Preventatives – Heartworm preventatives should be used as normal, regardless of surgery.
- Nursing Females – Please be sure that your female cat has stopped nursing (weaned) at least 2 weeks prior to the day of surgery.
- Rabies Vaccinations – If your pet is not up-to-date on its rabies vaccination and is 12 weeks of age or older, we required that you have your pet vaccinated.(We can do this day of) We will not be able to call for proof.
- Arrival Time – Surgery is scheduled by appointment. Your confirmation is invalid if you have not arrived at 7:30am. You space will be given to the next person on the wait list. Please arrive at Project CatSnip mobile clinic promptly at 7:30 am, no later.
- Carriers – Please ensure the security of your carrier(s) prior to transporting your cat. Your cat MUST be in carrier approved for cats upon discharge
- Multiple cats MUST arrive and go home in separate carriers. If one is not provided, a cardboard carrier will be furnished for a additional charge of $7.
- Payment is required at the time your pet is checked out for surgery – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Pick-Up Time – Once surgery is completed and they have fully recovered from anesthesia, they will be discharged the same day. Pick-up time will be announced at the time you complete your paperwork in the morning, as it changes daily depending upon the clinic count.
- Post operative instructions will be provided at the time of pick up.
- Late Fee – There will be an additional charge of $10 for every half hour a cat is left after the scheduled pick-up time. Project CatSnip is not equipped with overnight boarding facilities. Any animal that is not picked up one hour after the scheduled pick-up time will be taken to the nearest County Animal Control. Any fines imposed by Animal Control will be the responsibility of the animal’s owner plus CatSnip charges.
PLEASE PICK UP YOUR PET FOLLOWING SURGERY ON TIME. No exceptions will be made.