Why should you get your pet’s teeth cleaned?
1. A pet with healthy teeth equals a pet with better breath!
2. Retained baby teeth can cause problems in pets too! Full grown dogs have 42 teeth and full grown cats have 30 teeth. Before their adult teeth grow in, their baby teeth have to fall out. Sometimes, when all of the baby teeth don’t want to come out, problems like gum irritation and tartar buildup can develop.
3. Caring for your pet’s teeth can prevent other health problems, saving you tons of money over the long term!
4. You need regular dental care and you brush your teeth everyday – why wouldn’t your pets? Your veterinarian can help you learn to brush your pet’s teeth.
5. Did you know that 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 years have some sort of periodontal disease? It can be caused by the buildup of plaque, so it’s important to go in for regular dental checkups and cleanings.
6. Pets that don’t get dental care can lose their teeth. This can be terribly painful and cause serious health problems. Dental disease can lead to problems with your pet’s heart and other organs.
7. Your pets are very good at hiding pain – you might never know that your pet has a serious dental problem until it’s very advanced. This is yet another reason it’s important to take your pet in for regular dental checkups.
8. Teeth wear out! Your pets are tough on their teeth.
All dental patients must arrive at 7:30 AM. A pick-up time will be announced the morning of the clinic.
Feline Cleaning $125
Canine Cleaning $150
Dental services include:
Scaling and Polishing
Injectable Antibiotics – lasts for 7-10 days, as needed
ADDITIONAL TREATMENTS AND COSTS:
Fluoride treatment – $25
Wellness Bloodwork – $75 (Optional for pets under 8 years, required for pets 8 years and older – must be done prior to scheduled dental appointment)
If a tooth must be extracted, an additional $10-$40 charge will occur. Additional pain medication is required for $15.
If your pet is 8 years or older, an IV catheter and fluid support will be administered for $20.
Any dog over 40 lbs. must be seen and approved by our veterinarian before being scheduled for dental cleaning.
All dental patients must have food taken away at 10:00 PM the night before the cleaning.
Only looking for vaccines for your pet? View our walk-in vaccine clinic pricing.
Late Fee Notice – A late fee of $10 per pet will be imposed for every 10 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time. Pets not picked up after 30 minutes will be taken to the CatSnip Business Office in Woodstock, where they can be picked up between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday, upon payment of the late fee and a $100 per pet overnight care fee. Project CatSnip is not equipped with boarding facilities. Any animal that is not picked up after one day will be taken to the nearest county Animal Control. Any fines imposed by Animal Control will be the responsibility of the animal’s owner. Please be on time to avoid these unnecessary charges.